This week we reviewed five books from my own childhood–several of which which were written FAR before that. These are books that tend to fly below the radar but are just as amazing, and maybe better, than their more popular counterparts. Sharing books that I enjoyed as a kid with my own little guy was a really special experience so this is a review close to my heart.
These books were our own, previously purchased copies:
- May I Bring A Friend by Beatrice Schenk de Regainers, Illustrated by Beni Montresor
- Outside Over There by Maurice Sendak
These books were borrowed from the library:
- Tacky the Penguin by Helen Lester, Illustrated by Lynn Munsinger
- If The Dinosaurs Came Back by Bernard Most
- The Paper Bag Princess by Robert Munsch, Art by Michael Martchenko